I have received some very kind and greatly appreciated feedback about the information we have shared about alcohol. Thank you! Here is some more:
Alcohol and Mood
* The fact that alcohol improves the drinkers mood in the short term is an important reason why many people drink.
* Alcoholic beverages are used for their mood-changing properties. The more you drink the more parts of your brain become sedated.
* As the alcohol moves to the brain, it acts like an anesthetic to various parts. First affected is the frontal lobe with immediate effects of increased enjoyment and the general expression of positive moods.
* These feelings are experienced more strongly in groups than when drinking alone.
* The first thing to be “switched off “or “depressed” are inhibitions
* The good news is that this can make a person more relaxed.
* The bad news is that it can take away a person’s better judgement.
Come back soon to read more about which plants make all the different kinds of alcohol.